If you are interested in collecting foreign currency, then you might be interested in investing in Iraqi dinar. Here are a few interesting facts that you should know before you look into buying foreign currency and buying iraqi dinar in particular.
1. The Iraqi dinar was went into circulation in 1932. Before it went into circulation, the Indian rupee was the most used currency of the country.
2. Dinar banknotes issued between 1990 and 2003 had an image of Saddam Hussein on the note. This was changed when he was overthrown from power.
3. In spite of the fact that you will be hard pressed to find a financial advisor who will recommend investing in Iraqi dinar, they are still considerably affordable. In spite of their lack of popularity and value, this still makes them a low risk investment.
4. For those just interested in the collectable value of the dinar, they will be happy to know that the iraqi dinar has been been produced in several denominations, and a whole host of color schemes.
5. There is a lot of vocabulary that you will need to become acquainted with if you are going to be investing in Iraqi dinar. For instance, fils is the singular form in Arabic, not the plural. The plural form is actually fulus.